Lab Manager Technical Team
- Job Code
- San Diego
The role of Test Lead or Lab Manager is to effectively lead the testing team. To fulfill this role the individual must understand the discipline of testing and how to effectively implement a testing process while fulfilling the traditional leadership roles of a manager. The position will manage and implement or maintain an effective testing process by creating a test infrastructure that supports communication and a cost effective testing framework. This position will be responsible for planning, managing the test department and allocating resources effectively to the various projects.
- Planning, deploying, and managing the testing effort for any given engagement, release.
- Defining the scope of the testing within the context of each release.
- Coordinate all activities and testers during each phase of the testing phase of a project or program.
- Plan and develop the system and acceptance tests and coordinate the execution of the test plans.
- Review the test plans and test cases per the company’s Quality processes and procedures.
- Track and report upon testing activities, including test results, test case coverage, required resources, defects discovered, and their status, performance baselines, etc.
- Immediate notification/escalation of problems/issues to Project/Senior Management.
- Tracking of new requirements and analysis of requirements during the requirements analysis phase of projects.
- Managing and growing Testing assets required for meeting the testing mandate to include:
- Team Members
- Testing Tools
- Testing Process
- Retaining skilled testing personnel
- Identify and implement training requirements.
- Organize/conduct internal training on various products.
- Arrange and coordinate meetings, workshops, ad relations with user staff during test planning and throughout subsequent development and testing activities.
- Qualified candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, or a technical discipline with a minimum 7 years of work experience.
- At least 3+ years of proven management role. CTM certification a plus.
- Knowledge of the Wireless industry with emphasis in LTE, CDMA, and GSM technologies.
- Excellent communication skills in a multi-cultural organization.
- Excellent analytical skills and solution-oriented approach.
- Demonstrated facilitation skills with the ability to gather meaningful data, conflict resolutions and build consensus within all levels of the organization.
- Energetic self-starter with direct experience in the development of mobile device solutions, and a proven ability to manage business requirements through a structured development process.